Is this Mylo’s exact recipe? Probably not. According to Mylo’s widow, “He (Mylo) was very proud of that recipe, and it’s been well protected all these years. Mylo would give it to people, but he never gave them the quantities and he always left out one ingredient.” This basic recipe is a good foundation. Now it is up to you to figure out the missing ingredient.
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
• 3/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 2 1/2 cups flour
• 4 cups oil for deep frying
• 3 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 2 1/2˝ x 3/4˝ strips
1. Mix the milk, spices and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
2. Stir in the flour gradually until the mixture reaches a thick, batter-like consistency.
3. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
4. Preheat oil in a large pot to 375°F (190°C).
5. Completely coat each piece of beef in the batter and gently place into the hot oil, working to keep the pieces separate so they don’t stick together.
6. Cook in small batches of 4-8 pieces until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Allow the oil to return to temperature in-between batches.
Recipe source: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/159725/idaho-finger-steaks/